Friday, November 07, 2008

Impasse and Musings

I feel like I've hit a wall with my writing.

I feel like I'm repeating myself in my work.

I feel like I'm too impatient. Impatient for what?!

Is there anything the matter with any of this?

I feel that in the wake of recent events, writing's dynamic has changed for me, even the way I see words on the page and the funny things those words do to me.

Just read David Markson's, SPRINGER'S PROGRESS.

Here's a copy of what I said to the box at Goodreads:

Amazing. Sticky: it'll leave you thinking in glottal snippets, and laughing through betxits and twists, tantrums of Springer. You might ask, "how many ways can Markson say something..." Answer? Rubs it out: legion.

This book affects.


Make no mistake. Humbled I am in the face of this quivering magnificence.

What do you do when you feel humbled by everything you read?

Hmmm...crisis?

No comments: